Admission Services refer to the services that take care of processing of student’s entrance and requirements.
The Admission office can be contacted through:
JERIC ANTHONY S. ARNADO, PhD
Matti, Digos, Davao Region, Philippines, Digos, Philippines
Or in any of the following:
College website: http://www.dssc.edu.ph
The following shall be observed during the enrolment period under the New Normal:
- Face to Face Admission Test shall be suspended in the new normal. The basis for student admission to college is the Grade Point Average of the Student in Senior High School or the in the previous school according to the grade requirement of the program being sought.
- Interested students fill out-out the College Enrollment Form available on the Official FB Page of the College. Copy of the SHS Report Card must also be submitted to the Admission Office via Online.
- Enrollment confirmation will be sent to the students thru the Official Class Group Chat (GC) before the start of the semester.
- Students will be invited to join the Official Class GC. Certificate of Registration (COR) will also be posted in the GC by the Department Head/Adviser.
- Students will submit the original copy of the school requirements to the School registrar within the given period. A parent or guardian shall submit the school requirements on behalf of the student who is below 21 years old.
Continuing Students (2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th year)
- Student shall notify the Class Adviser via text or Messenger on the intention to enroll in the incoming semester. Student enrolment will be facilitated by the respective Department.
- The Program/Department Heads shall conduct thorough evaluation of academic standing and determine subjects to be loaded by their students.
- Enrolment confirmation will be posted in the Official Class GC. Individual COR will be released thru the Official Class GC.
Transferees and Returnees
- Transferees and Returnees shall be accommodated at the last day of official enrolment schedule. Those who are below 21 years old shall be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Informative copy of the TOR will be required as basis for program and subject assessment by the Department.
- Individual COR will be released thru the Official Class GC.
- Cross Enrolment
To other accredited institution:
- A student of the College may be authorized by the Vice President for Academic Affairs through the recommendation of the Institute Dean and the Department Chairperson to cross-register in another accredited institution of higher learning if the subject(s) that the student needs to enroll in during a given term is or are not offered in the College; provided that the total number of units of credit for which a student may enroll shall not exceed the maximum allowed by the rules on academic load.
- The written authorization for cross registration shall be recorded by the College Registrar and shall specifically describe the subjects authorized.
To another Department
- A student may be authorized to enroll in other department with the permission of the Institute Dean as recommended by the Department Chairperson in which the student is primarily enrolled; provided, that the total number of units of credit for which a student may enroll in other department/s shall not exceed the maximum allowed by the rules on academic load.
From Other Institution
A cross enrollee has to present the following documents to the Registrar before the students can be admitted to the College:
- A written permit from the Registrar of the school where the cross enrollee came from; and
- A copy of the recommendation for cross enrollment signed by the Adviser and approved by the Dean of the college offering the specific subject.
Shifting of Program Concentration
A student enrolled in the College who wishes to transfer to another program shall file an application or request letter for transfer to another program noted by the Department Chairperson and approved by the Institute Dean of the previous institute. Application shall be referred to the accepting department together with the Certification of Grades duly signed by the College Registrar. The student shall be admitted in the new program upon satisfying the admission requirements of the accepting department.